- Conceptual design
- Full product design, from general arrangement & hull form through to vessel on the water.
- Production design and vessel kitting (CNC kit: Steel, Aluminium, Composite Core)
- Structural design: global scantling design and local support structures.
- Stability assessment and analysis – Intact & Damage.
- Feasibility studies – Assessment of propulsion, cargo arrangements, speed & performance.
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis reports for ships and onboard systems
- Stability Booklets
- Class liaison and consultant, provide support on class requirements and provide gap analysis.
- Flag State liaison and consultant, provide support on flag requirements and provide gap analysis.
- 3D Modelling & Renders
- Drafting & Drafting support
- Lightship surveys & Inclination tests.
Vessel Build Services
- Contract Management – handle vessel build contract on behalf of ship owner or shipyard.
- Build Management – bringing together teams of skilled yards, builders and managers to deliver bespoke projects.
- Vessel Cost Prediction – on behalf of ship owner or shipyard
- Project Management – act as project manager for ship owner or shipyard for a specific project.
- Vessel build schedule planning and cost forecasting.
- Refit and Repair feasibility studies and builder scope of works.
Authorised by MECAL Ltd, Chartwell Marine have staff trained and authorised to carry out marine surveying on behalf of MECAL, a UK registered certifying authority. MECAL has authority by the UK flag state & other flag states to carry out the survey and certification of commercial vessels up to 150GT.
MECAL Services Include
- MCA & Ensign Flag Code certification
- Jersey Fishing Vessel Certification
- IMCA Inspections for offshore workboats up to 50M & 500GT
- Design assessment
- New Build & Refit Supervision
- Inland Navigation (FFP)
- Damage & Modification Surveys
- Pre Purchase Surveys
- Insurance Surveys